Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano recently announced plans to hold a Nassau County Police Officer Exam on December 9, 2012. The filing deadline to take the exam is Friday, October 12th so be sure to get your applications into Nassau County Civil Service on time in order to be eligible to take the exam.
The exam is being given as the current list of qualified candidates will expire in April 2013 due to Civil Service Law.
As of October 3, 2012 at 5:00p.m. E.T., we will no longer be mailing applications because of the impending civil service deadline. However, you may pick up an announcement and application at any of the following locations:
- Nassau County Police Headquarters, 1490 Franklin Avenue, Mineola, NY
- Nassau County Executive’s Office, 1550 Franklin Avenue, Mineola, NY
- Nassau County Civil Service Commission, 40 Main Street, Hempstead, NY
- Any Nassau County Police Precinct or Policing Center:
- Second Precinct - 7700 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury
- Third Precinct - 214 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park
- Fourth Precinct - 1699 Broadway, Hewlett
- Seventh Precinct - 3636 Merrick Road, Seaford
- Policing Center - 900 Merrick Road, Baldwin
- Policing Center - 1655 Dutch Broadway, Elmont
- Policing Center - 100 Community Drive, Manhasset
- Policing Center - 286 North Wantagh Avenue, Levittown
CLICK HERE to download and/or view the Civil Service Announcement. (opens in a new browser window)